This spring we brought to fruition our long-discussed plan to convene a SERC advisory board. The inaugural meeting was held at SERC on April 5. The board is made up of the following leaders in the energy field:
- Rick Duke, Associate Director of Energy and Climate Change, White House Council on Environmental Quality
- Shannon Graham, Associate Director for Energy Consulting, Navigant Consulting
- Dan Kammen, Class of 1935 Distinguished Professor of Energy, Energy and Resources Group & Goldman School of Public Policy, UC Berkeley
- David Katz, founder of Alternative Energy Engineering, a leading renewable energy supply firm
- David Rubin, Director of Service Analysis, Pacific Gas & Electric Co.
- Jeff Serfass, President of Technology Transition Corp., Washington, D.C., Managing Director, California Hydrogen Business Council
- Andrea Tuttle, former director of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection and consultant for forest and climate policy
The advisory board’s purpose is to help SERC with strategic planning and fundraising. We appreciate the time all of these SERC allies are taking out of their very busy schedules to gather and help us plan a long and successful future for the center.